APPLICANT/EMPLOYEE/CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS AND
TRAINING PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
EMPLOYEE CONTRACTOR PREREQUISITES:
All Employees and/or Contractors for HCBS Provider must meet the following:
- Must be 18 years of age of older.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent (GED Acceptable).
- Current PA Criminal Record Clearance (See http://epatch.state.pa.us for instructions on how to obtain this clearance.)
- Current PA Child Abuse History Clearance Report(See http://compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home for instructions on how to obtain this clearance.)
- (FBI Background Check-for employees/contractors living outside of Pennsylvania within the last 2 years.) (See http://www.pa.cogentid.com for instructions on how to obtain this clearance.)
- Initial and monthly continuing screening for staff members and contractors to determine if they have been excluded from participation in Federal health care programs by reviewing the LEIE, EPLS and Medicheck.
- Regular access to and/or use of a motor vehicle able to carry passengers.
(Applicant need not own the vehicle.)
- Current vehicle registration for vehicle used for employment/contract.
(Applicant need not own the vehicle.)
- Current automobile insurance for vehicle listed above.
- Valid and Current PA Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card. Will be verified through the official website of IRS http://www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/ssnv.htm
- Resume including 2 References from a former employer or other person not related to the applicant which affirms the ability of the individual to provide home care services.
- Tuberculosis Screening within 12 months prior to hire and annually thereafter (2 step process required per CDC guidelines.)- (This can be from your physician or from Doctor’s Express. (Form provided upon request.)
- Bank Account for Direct Deposit. (HCBS Provider Requirement.)
- (Contractors are required to have a cell phone.)
- (Contractors are required to have access to a computer with internet access.)
- (For contractor’s for positions requiring a 4 year degree, a copy of the diploma from the issuing college/university/institution.)
- (Professional staff such as RN’s, LPN’s, Behavioral Therapists, etc., are also required to submit appropriate licenses from their respective licensing agencies.)
SCREENING OF CANDIDATES:
Upon receipt of the prerequisite items listed above, HCBS Provider will review the documents and send out reference check letters.
Upon receipt of satisfactory reference check letters, the applicant will be brought in to the office for a face to face interview.
THE APPLICANT MUST BRING ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS (NOT COPIES) OF EACH OF THE ITEMS/DOCUMENTS LISTED IN THE PREREQUISITE SECTION ABOVE. ALL DOCUMENTS, ONCE VERIFIED AGAINST THE ORIGINALS, WILL BE PLACED IN THE EMPLOYEE OR CONTRACTOR FILE.
All applicants, employees, contractors and office staff must have valid Criminal background clearances and PA Child Abuse History Clearance Report in order to begin work with HCBS Provider in any capacity. The criminal history report must be obtained at the time of application or within 1 year immediately preceding (prior to) the date of application.
If the applicant, employee, contractor or office staff has not been a resident of the Commonwealth for the 2 years immediately preceding the date of the request for a criminal history report, the individual shall obtain a Federal criminal history record via a letter of determination from the Department of Aging, in accordance with 6 Pa. Code 15.144(b). All requests for FBI background checks will be made directly through Cogent Systems, a 3rd party electronic background checks processor contracted by the Department of Aging.
At present, HCBS Provider will not employ or contract with any person who has any criminal record reflecting summary, misdemeanor and/or felony convictions. A clear criminal record is required.
We request an individual to furnish proof of residency through submission of a valid driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Upon hiring or contracting by HCBS Provider, the contractor is required to complete the following forms:
- W-4 Form
- I-9 Form
- Independent Contractor Agreement (with HCBS Provider)
- Office Policy and Procedure Book – Confirmation of Receipt of Review (with HCBS Provider)
- Support Service Worker Agreement (with HCBS Provider) (Agreement to carry out the client Individual Support Plan services in the manner listed in the plan.)
- The completed documents will be placed in to the contractors file.
- Upon hiring by HCBS Provider as a contractor for HCBS Provider the contractor:
- Will be signed in to HCBS Provider Computer Network by the Administrator.
- Will be issued a password for the Computer Network.
Prior to working with a Client, and annually thereafter, all employees and contractors will be required to complete the following training pursuant to applicable regulations and bulletins:
- Individual Training on Confidentiality
- Individual Training on Consumer Control and the Independent Living Philosophy
- Individual Training on Instrumental Activities of Daily Living
- Individual Training on Reporting Critical Incidents
- Individual Training on Recognizing Changes in Consumers that need to be Addressed.
- Individual Training on Basic Infection Control
- Individual Training on Provider Quality Management Plan
- Individual Training on Universal Precautions
- Individual Training on Participants Complaint Resolution
- Individual Training on Handling of Emergencies
- Individual Training on Fraud and Financial Abuse Prevention
- Individual Training on Documentation
- Individual Training on Department- Issued Policies and Procedures
- Individual Training on Recognizing and Reporting Abuse and Neglect
- Individual Training on Dealing with Difficult Behaviors
- Individual Training on Bathing, Shaving, Grooming and Dressing
- Individual Training on Hair, Skin and Mouth Care
- Individual Training on Assistance with Ambulation and Transferring
- Individual Training on Meal Preparation and Feeding
- Individual Training on Toileting
- Individual Training on Assistance with Self Administrated Medications
- Individual Training on Consumers ISP
These trainings are provided by HCBS Provider through Webinars and other Online Multi-Media.
Upon verification, by the Administrator, of completion of each training, the contractor will be provided with a Certificate of Completion by the Administrator. This certificate will also be copied to the employee/contractor file.
Upon completion of this process, initially and annually thereafter, the applicant, employee and/or contractor may begin or continue to work with Clients.