The Behavior Therapist (BT) is an independent contract position and a member of an interdisciplinary clinical team in what is known as Home and Community Base Support Providers (HCBS).
Behavior Therapists (BT) are currently needed for South Eastern Pennsylvania Counties (Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Bucks):
- BTs may consult at day programs, community locations and in the home depending on the consumer’s needs.
- Electronic paperwork.
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance!
- Write and monitor Positive Behavior Support Plans for adults diagnosed with behavioral and mental health disorders. These disorders include, but not limited to: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Downs Syndrome, and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).
- Provide assistance in the development of adaptive skills in order for the diagnosed consumer to take a more positive role in the workplace, home & community setting.
- Provide prescribed behavioral consultation to the family, school or workplace.
- Train the Direct Care staff on appropriate therapeutic interventions to target identified behaviors and data collection.
- Conduct Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA), develop Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBSP), Crisis plan.
- Attend mandatory trainings.
- Cases are typically authorized 2- 3 hours per week for each client’s family based on medical or behavioral necessity
Experience / Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline such as Clinical Psychology, Counseling, Clinical Social Work, etc.
- ABA coursework and / or BCBA preferred.
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with mental health or behavior disorders.
- BSC License through the Board of Medicine OR LSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT
- PA Child Abuse (Act 151) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
- PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
- PA Department of Education Federal Criminal History Report (FBI) – NOT Dept. of Public Welfare FBI. (Current within 1 year)
- TB screening (Current within 1 year)
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Sexual Misconduct/ Abuse Disclosure Release (Act 168) completed for each employer where the candidate worked with children (to be completed and brought to requested interview)
Qualified candidates may click below to submit online.